Business Development Officer
• Responsible for identifying and reviewing bid announcements (RFPs) in local and regional markets through newspapers, online services and other channels, and assessing the feasibility of making bids on behalf of the Archetype Group through the identification of contractual and technical requirements and submit them to the Business Development Director for review.
• Supervises preparation of bids in response to RFPs ensuring that all contractual and technical requirements are addressed, and following the bid process through to award, ensuring contact is maintained with the company requesting the tender to best position the Archetype Group bid for award.
• Initiates in house cost estimations, and supervises bid packages.
• Responsible for implementing standardized documentation, templates and processes for bid preparation and for tendering.
• Responsible for a post-bid analysis of non-awarded bids to ascertain the reason why it was not awarded in order to apply corrective action and continuous improvement to the bid process.
• Undertakes an end of contract analysis to determine whether the planned outcomes of the awarded bid have met the actual outcomes of the bid, using the analysis to improve overall bidding results.
• Ensures bid documents are properly indexed and authorized, and appropriately filed to be easily retrieved for future reference.
• Liaise with the production team to ensure the scope and schedule of the bid is correct and in line with operational requirements. Ensure the contract terms and conditions are met at each stage of the project.
• Ensure the bid meets the Archetype Group standards.
• Ensure the standard scope of work is included in the bid documentation, when applicable.
• Upon the award of the bid, ensure the tendering information is transferred to the Legal Department to allow them to review the documentation in line with the proposed contracts, when required.
• Responsible for efficient management of the CRM.
• Report to Business Develop
• Degree qualifications in Law, Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced time management and organizational skills.
• Advanced understanding of tendering processes, tendering preparation, contract administration.
• Advanced written and spoken communication skills including advanced negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Advanced skills in cost analysis and cost plan preparation.
• Advanced leadership skills with the ability to manage change with a strong results-orientation.
• Advanced written and spoken English skills are also required.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Years of experience: Minimum of 5 Years general experience.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position within a multinational organization.